Our Adoption Fee is $450.
All of our adoptable dogs are spayed/neutered, up to date on required vaccines, heartworm tested (if old enough), current on flea/tick & heartworm prevention, dewormed, and microchipped. The adoption donation also helps offset the costs associated with transport to New England, state mandated quarantine, and health certificates.
Note: Our adoption fee only barely covers the cost for a healthy dog; many of our dogs have pre-existing medical conditions such as heartworm which cost hundreds more.
Thank you for looking to adopt one of our wonderful dogs!
If you are interested in adopting, the first step is to fill out our adoption application.
*Please note: Submitting an application does not guarantee you are first in line for a dog. Please email for the status of your application and the availability of any of our dogs.
Please note that we are a 100% volunteer-run rescue. Please allow up to 24 hours for a response.
1. Submit an application
2. We ask for general information, two personal references, your veterinarian if you have pets or have had them within the past ten years, and your landlord/association information if applicable
All dogs and cats in the home must be spayed/neutered and up to date on the rabies vaccine (unless a veterinarian has suggested otherwise and we will need to speak with them)
3. Your application is reviewed by our Adoptions Coordinator
4. We call your references (make sure they know to expect a call!)
5. Schedule a home visit with one of our volunteers
6. Our Adoptions Team reaches out to you to approve your application or ask follow up questions
7. Set up a meet and greet between your family (all 2- and 4- legged members of the family) and the dog you're interested in
We salute our Military members and Veterans by giving 10% off the adoption donation on your new dog as a token of our appreciation for all you do and have done.
Seniors for Seniors
Adopters age 70 and over who adopt a senior dog 7 years and older get a 10% discount off the adoption donation.